- Trip GradeStrenuous
- Trip StyleTrekking
- TransportationPrivate Vechiles & Local Bus
- Group Size02 - 16
- Max Altitude5200 M
About Manaslu and Tsum Valley Trek
Manaslu - Tsum Valley Trek takes trekkers to the eighth highest peak in the world, Mount Manaslu ( 8163m). Tsum is a hidden valley in the Manaslu region where most of the altitude is over the height of 3000 meters.
Most of the people, culture, and landscapes of the Tsum Valley is closely related to that of Tibet. The trek gives people an opportunity to explore several monasteries, caves, Buddhist Monks, rivers, icefalls, glaciers, etc.
Manaslu with Tsum valley trek can be the best option to explore the unique landscapes and culture of the Manaslu region. It is quite a demanding trek that involves an average of 7 hours of walking in a day.
The 21 days Manaslu Tsum valley trek takes you to the off- beaten and peaceful trekking trail. The trek will take you closer to the Tibetan border.
The trek begins with a drive from Kathmandu to Soti Khola. You will start your trekking journey from Machhakhola towards Jagat.
The trek involves pass several fascinating villages such as Chumling, Lokpa, Deng, Namrung, etc. You will officially end your trek with a scenic drive from Tal to Kathmandu.
So, do you want to trek to the Manaslu region for a lifetime of experience? If yes, Index Adventure would be happy to welcome and serve you.
You can simply contact us at Index Adventure to book your trip.
Best time for Manaslu with Tsum Valley trek
The best time to approach the trek would be during Autumn ( September, October, November) and Spring ( March, April, May). Beginners should avoid trekking during the winter and monsoon season.
Autumn and spring offer trekkers with suitable weather and temperature in the Manaslu for trekking. The region expects the least amount of rainfall and snowfall during these seasons.
Manaslu with Tsum Valley Trek Difficulty
Physical fitness is very necessary for a successful Manaslu Tsum Valley trek. The trek is quite strenuous and challenging.
Crossing the Larkya La Pass at 5160 meters is one of the most difficult parts of the trek. The routes are generally rocky with several steep ascents and descents.
So, the trek might be difficult for the ones who are not used to high altitude trekking.
Highlights of Manaslu with Tsum Valley Trek
Exploring the remote valleys of the Manaslu region.
Visiting traditional monasteries, Chortens, and Gompas of the region.
Trekking up to the thrilling Larkya La Pass.
Magnificent views of Mt. Manaslu, Simrang, Hiunchuli, Ngadi, Ganesh Himal, and Larkye Peak.
- Day 1:Drive from Kathmandu to Soti Khola.
- Day 2:Soti Khola to Maccha Khola.
- Day 3:Maccha Khola to Jagat.
- Day 4:Jagat to Lokpa.
- Day 5:Lokpa to Chumling.
- Day 6:Chekampar to Nile.
- Day 7:Chekampar to Nile.
- Day 8:Day Trip to Mu Gompa.
- Day 9:Nile to Chekampar.
- Day 10:Chekampar to Chumling.
- Day 11:Chumling to Deng.
- Day 12:Deng to Namrung.
- Day 13:Namrung to Lho.
- Day 14:Lho to Sama Gaun.
- Day 15:Acclimatization Day in Sama Gaun.
- Day 16:Sama Gaun to Samdo.
- Day 17:Samdo to Dharmasala.
- Day 18:Dharmasala to Bimthang.
- Day 19:Bimthang to Tilije.
- Day 20:Tilije to Tal.
- Day 21:Tal to Kathmandu (Drive).
- Tourists class transportation to and from the airport and hotel.
- Local Bus Transportation from Kathmandu to Sotikhola and Tal to Besishar sharing jeep and by local bus to Kathmandu or Pokhara.
- 3 Nights standards Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Trekking lodge /Teahouse accommodations during the trek.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during the trek.
- Government Licensed Holder trekking guide with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance.
- Supporter guide group size above 8+ people.
- All necessary paperwork and entry permits (ACAP), Special Permit for Manaslu, Special permit for Tsum valley, Trekker’s Information Management System (TIMS) including local Tax, Government tax & official expenses.
- Sleeping bag, Down Jacket & Duffel Bag (if you do not have your own, to be returned after trip completion).
- An arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag.
- Farewell Dinner & Trekking Achievement Certificate.
- while you are in Kathmandu Lunch and Dinner.
- Nepal entry visa fee (You can easily issue a visa on arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu). $40 USD for 30 days visa.
- Your Trekking and medical insurance (compulsory).
- International airfare.
- Your personal expenses.
- All the alcoholic and non-alcoholic hot and cold drinks.
- Sightseeing/Monument entrance fees.
- Tips for the guide, porter.
- Laundry, telephone and personal trekking equipment.
- Hot shower and battery charging on the tea houses.